Consultation work is offered to help agencies manage particularly complex situations. Involving AFKA Scotland is useful not only because of our team’s knowledge and expertise, but also because of the independence and credibility that the involvement of a respected outside organisation offers. Examples of services AFKA can provide include:
- Independent reports in cases where agencies consider they may benefit from informed and impartial comment and advice.
- Practice and Legal Case surgeries face to face discussion with professionals involved in complex cases where external advice would be helpful. Followed by the provision of brief reports reflecting on what has been discussed and learned, this model can work well if an agency has more than one case needing consideration. Up to three cases can be considered in one day. Questions to be included can cover a wide range, including where an agency is endeavouring to determine the most appropriate placement plan and legal route to achieve the best outcomes for a child.
- Chairing of Placement Disruption meetings or conduct of Disruption Review processes to suit particular cases and agency preference.
- Service reviews either to inform the development of new services or to carry out a review following a serious incident.
- Independent Court reports may also be provided by special negotiation.
Note that members receive a discounted rate on all consulting services.
If you are interested in commissioning AFKA Scotland to undertake a consultation, please contact us to discuss the nature, scope and extent of the work involved.