AFKA Scotland offers a range of services, including members’ services and general services. Our team are highly experienced in kinship care, fostering and adoption, and are well-placed to ensure that our services are informed by the latest developments in policy and practice.
- Legal, Practice and Research Advice is available for members upon request
- Research, Practice and Legal Bulletins are emailed to members on a quarterly basis, providing the latest findings, guidance and best practices (soon to be available online to members!)
- National Practitioners Forums in which members come together to discuss specific areas of practice
- Consortia (additional membership fee) provide a local forum for members to hear about, and share latest developments in policy, legislation, practice and research. AFKA currently operates Consortia for the West and North East regions
- CoramBAAF Services are also included with AFKA corporate membership
- Consulting services, including consultations on particularly complex situations and undertaking service or case reviews
- Chairing adoption and fostering panels
- Chairing or participating in disruption meetings and/or complaints processes
AFKA Scotland members receive a discounted rate on our general services.
Please contact us to learn more or enquire about any of our services.