AFKA Scotland strives to provide legally sound advice and information for professionals working in kinship care, fostering and adoption. In this section you will find a range of legal resources that are available to download.
If you have an idea for a legal resource that you believe would be beneficial for practitioners, please contact us with your enquiry.
AFKA Scotland also offers legal advice and information to all our members. To learn more or send an enquiry, see our Advice and FAQs page.
- 01 Panel agenda for approval of applicants
- 02 Panel agenda for the plan for the child
- 03 Panel agenda for matching
- 04 Adoption and the law
- 04A Adoption and the law – extended version
- 05 Local authority’s responsibilities as an adoption service in respect of adopted persons accessing their information held by the Authority
- 01 Implementing a CSO within 21 days
- 02 Payment of Fees in Surrogacy Cases
- 03 AFKA Foster Carer as employees
- 04 Health assessment of prospective adopters during Covid
- 05 Consent to share personal data
- 06 Siblings – more rights, more obligations
- 07 Legal Capacity and medical interventions