Staying Together and Connected – Assessing brothers and sisters
July 21 at 9:45 am to 2:00 pm
It has now been a year since legislation changed and we began to examine our practice in relation to Brothers and Sisters remaining together and connected. This workshop will explore the legislation one year on, how we have adapted and offer an opportunity to explore evidence informed best practice in assessing and making together and apart decisions.
This workshop is relevant for children’s social workers, family placement social workers and managers safeguarders, children’s hearing panel members and adoption and fostering panel members.
This workshop will enable participants to:
- Understand changes to the legal context around brothers and sisters.
- Consider what research tells us about sibling relationships and inform the decisions you make.
- Discuss how you assess and make decisions when placing siblings in your agency.
- Consider CoramBAAF Sibling Assessment Tools and how you can use these in practice.
- Consider the dilemmas you face in practice when making assessments.
To register, please fill out the booking form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.