- This event has passed.
Report writing for children’s hearings and court
September 28 at 4:56 pm
A vital competence for the practitioner is providing a well-written report which can accelerate the progress of a child’s plan through Children’s Hearings and Court. The quality of the social work report is the single biggest factor in determining the outcome of a Hearing or Court decision. Learn about common pitfalls, complaints from decision makers and poor habits that can obstruct social work planning in moving forward. Our workshop offers interactive training, referring to research, legislative requirements and promising practice.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Gather and present relevant information to inform your recommendation.
- Understand the various options open to Hearings and Courts in their decision making.
- Consider the social worker’s role and obligations in terms of legislation, guidance and best practice.
- Learn how to effectively and confidently speak to your report in the Hearing and at Court.
- Apply new approaches to improve outcomes for families.